Sunday, October 16, 2011

Month 1: Easy Does It

Did I mention I came up with this idea only 2 days ago? I have so not figured it all out yet!

When looking at making a commitment for a whole year of my life, I realize there are some things that are going to be absolutely necessary for me to see this through to the end.
1. Motivation - I know I'm going to get tired, bored, discouraged, lazy, and many other adjectives, I'm sure, so I will need something bigger and deeper than this totally fab idea and my dreams about what I will look and feel like a year from now. I'm going to need some divine inspiration and probably a few pithy sayings (easily memorized) to give myself the little oomph I'll need when this bright-eyed and bushy-tailed feeling wears off.
2. Focus - I know I'm never going to look like Gwyneth, but I also know that as time moves on and I keep not looking like Gwyneth, I'm going to get disappointed. So much work, so little results! I want to spend my time understanding God's standard of beauty, not Hollywood's (I know, crazy to suggest that the two might differ), and to strive to find God's beauty in myself. I want to please Him, not get noticed.
3. Ideas - I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I have a couple of things in mind as far as alternative face washes and body lotions, but in the grand scheme of things I'm oblivious to this whole "beauty" thing. I'm really excited to find out some new tips, tricks, and hints, but first I need to figure out where to even start. Where do I even find this stuff?
4. Accountability - Hence the blog. I figure if I put myself out there and really open myself up to those around me that I will be more driven to finish what I start. Plus, maybe someone else has some ideas, or at least knows how to really use this "internet" thing.
5. Grace - I'm a wife, mommy, daughter/sister/aunt, friend, and sinner...I'm going to fail. There will be days, maybe even weeks, that I fall off-track. For instance, my 2-month-old was sick this week and I barely made it out of my pajamas every day, much less showered. But I need to be gracious with myself, to not give up, to find my feet again, and to not spiral downward as a result. Oh God, teach me how to be gracious with myself!

I'm excited to see where this year takes me, and I'm looking forward to spending this month coming up with a plan for the year.

So far I don't have much a plan for the month other than doing everything I should have been doing all along (i.e. eating fruits/veggies, drinking water, getting sleep, etc.), but every day I'm getting more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment